In this article, we will get a look at Feng Shui basics for beginners and list and explain 14 essential rules that you must follow to be in harmony and attract positive energies.
The Feng Shui rules and principles are based on Yin and Yang and the five elements (earth, metal, water, wood, fire), to balance the energies in our homes, in buildings, offices, and in many other places.
When we talk about Feng Shui basics for beginners, we must follow these 14 essential rules:
1. The front door must be robust, made of solid wood or metal. The protection of our family depends on it and, also, a quality door stops the spilling of the good energy outside the house. It must also be clean.
2. The hallway must always be clean and well organized, bright, airy and have plants. This is the first thing we see when we enter the house, so we have to be welcomed with positive energy. Also, avoid crowding the lobby so that the front door does not hit pieces of furniture.
3. Sofas and armchairs should be well proportioned to the size of the living room and be suited to family needs. Feng shui also requires that should not place them under the window, but near a wall. Attention! Next to it, leaving some space between the sofa and the wall.
4. Do not choose furniture with straight lines, because the energy stops at their edges. Rounded shapes are considered more beneficial, so keep this in mind when choosing new furniture, especially when it comes to a sofa, armchair and coffee tables.
5. Avoid having mirrors in the bedroom. They may hurt the couple’s relationship. If you still want to have a mirror in the bedroom, do not put it in front of the bed.
6. The toilet cover should be down when we flush, and when we do not use the toilet. If we leave the toilet seat cover up, positive energies can escape through it
7. A house full of plants is a house full of positive energy. Of course, we mean only living plants, not dry or artificial ones.
8. If you want to have a harmonious romantic relationship, the bedroom should be suitable for two. The bed should be in the middle so that both partners can easily climb into the bed. The wardrobe must have enough space for both, and the decorative objects should always have a pair. You can implement these ideas even if you do not have a partner, but are looking for one.
9. Feng Shui Fountains, regardless of their size, will attract prosperity. We can also use symbols that represent wells, such as flowing water images.
10. Use crystals to attract positive energy. Use pink quartz for love, black tourmaline for protection and citrine to heal self-esteem and abundance issues.
11. Bamboo is considered lucky in Feng Shui, but do not buy it. Instead, receive it from family or friends. Give them a hint as for your birthday present or a Christmas gift.
12. Avoid paintings or illustrations with violent or aggressive images. Natural landscapes are a good choice, as well as pictures of people. You should not keep photos of dead people in the house.
13. If you work from home, the workspace should be as far away from the bedroom as possible. The office desk should be moved away from the door and not in line with it. Do not stay with your back to the door when you are working.
14. If you have a small kitchen, be sure that it will always be well lit. You can also use mirrors in this way: mounted on the wall opposite the window, they will reflect the sunlight.